Effective Date: September 19, 2018
Your use of the Website and its features constitutes your acceptance of the Policy. If you do not accept, please do not use this Website. Regardless of acceptance, you are welcome to ask questions.
While this Policy has been updated in response to recent regulatory changes in the European Union, the same provisions are afforded to all applicable visitors and contacts.
How we collect your information
This section of the Policy describes how we collect your information via this Website and via third-party service providers.
Marketing is about communication. We collect information that helps us communicate with you, and to better serve you. We also collect information that is relevant to the operation of our Website.
When you visit our Website, we collect information about your device (i.e., your computer or mobile phone), including identification of your web browser, IP address, and specific cookies installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the pages you view, which websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website. Altogether, this device information is collected automatically and does not include information like your name or email address.
We collect device information using the following means:
- Server log files track request/response activity with respect to the Website, and collect data such as your IP address, browser type, referring pages, and date-time stamps. These log files are stored on the server that hosts the Website, and that server is located in the United States.
- Cookies are data files that are placed on your device and may include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, including how to disable them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Google Analytics is used to track how you arrived on the Website and how you interact with the Website. To find out more about Google Analytics, visit www.google.com/analytics for information. For more information about collection and use of data in measurement and ad targeting, as well as how you may opt out, see the WebChoices tool (US) or Your Online Choices guide (EU).
Additionally, we collect personally identifiable contact information, as follows:
- Our general inquiry form (at GSMarketingGroup.com/contact-us/), asks you to supply your name, email address and information about your inquiry. The contents of your form submission are transmitted to GSMG partners via email so we may follow up with you. Those email messages may cross national borders, depending on where you (and the GSMG partners) are at the time.
- The Zendesk chat widget (a button that floats in the bottom right of each page of the Website) allows you to initiate a chat when an agent is available or to leave a message otherwise. Information you enter into the Zendesk chat widget may be transmitted via email and is stored on Zendesk resources in the United States.
DigitalOcean provides the hosting for our Website, with server resources in the United States. Rackspace hosts our email accounts, also in the United States. Email message retention may vary generally by type and sender/recipient, and practically by storage availability.
Software-as-a-Service (or “SaaS”)
We use a number of SaaS vendors in the daily operation of our business, to serve our clients, and to communicate and collaborate with one another. With the exception of FreshBooks, a company in Canada, the SaaS vendors and their data centers are located in the United States.
- FreshBooks is our accounting and time-tracking software. We enter your information when you become a client or request a proposal, and your activity on gsmarketinggroup.freshbooks.com is tracked when you interact (e.g., you accept a proposal or view an invoice). [see FreshBooks privacy]
- WePay processes invoice payments you may elect to make via your account viewer in FreshBooks, with your credit card or bank account. Also by special request, you may opt to use PayPal. [see WePay privacy and PayPal privacy]
- Nimble is our customer relationship management (CRM) software. We enter and update your information at multiple contact points, including loading lists of prospects, as is the nature of CRM.[see Nimble privacy]
- MailChimp is our email marketing service provider. We have integrated FreshBooks and Zendesk services with MailChimp for interoperability in service and support. Other lists on our MailChimp account are opt-in and dedicated to specific purposes.[see MailChimp privacy]
- Zendesk is our help center software, supplying the aforementioned chat widget and the knowledgebase of articles that describe our services in greater detail.[see Zendesk privacy]
How we use your information
We use the contact information we collect in the day-to-day operation of our business—to give progress reports, send invoices, etc. Any credit card or bank account information you may give us over the phone as payment for services is entered directly into FreshBooks and is not stored at GSMG.
Note that you should never send credit card or other account information via email or through our Website. This includes your passwords for other services and other sensitive information. You are responsible to the respective parties for the security of your account information. In the event we need access or information to serve you, we will ask for it and will handle it carefully.
From time to time, we may ask to use a quote and some contact information for the purpose of a testimonial or case study. Your participation is at your discretion, and you may reserve the right to approve how your information is used before we publish on the Website, on social networks, in print, and/or other channels. You also have the right to revoke permission for continued use.
In the event we receive a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for contact and/or device information we have collected, we will comply and share the requested information with the requesting party. Aforementioned SaaS providers may do the same, according to their own policies and terms.
How you can request review, correction, or deletion
Whatever your relationship to GSMG, whether visitor, client, vendor, or otherwise, you may request a summary of what data we have collected from and about you and/or your company. Depending on the nature of the relationship, compilation of that summary may take a few business days.
If the requested data review uncovers incorrect information, you may ask that we correct it. Especially in the case of our clients, it is in our best interest to retain current, correct, and complete records.
If you wish to have your contact information removed from our systems and from our SaaS providers’ systems, you may issue a request. Certain information, like invoice history and other accounting-related data, will be retained according to accepted accounting practices, as our official financial records. Website server and database backups may be retained for a month or more, as applicable for disaster recovery or discovery purposes. Information subject to special retention circumstances will be described in the requested summary.
As follow-up to a request for removal of your information, we will provide a summary of information we deleted and from where it was deleted. Note that SaaS providers may observe differing retention periods and policies.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to make any such request. We may ask for specific information from you to honor that request, as verification of your identity.
Changes to this policy
This Policy is considered a “living document” and is subject to change. We may update it over time to reflect changes in our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons.
If you have questions about this Policy, please write to email@example.com or to
GS Marketing Group, Inc.
5900 77th Street
Kenosha, WI 53142-4110